Thursday, September 1, 2011

Out of My Element

Wasn't that funny when I told you all I had exciting news and then decided to keep it from you for almost two weeks!? No?

Sorry, ladies and gents. I have been a tad bit busy! I did get some calls inquiring about my current baby status, as well as whether or not the hub-man and I were moving back home. Not yet, was my answer, on both accounts :-)

However, the time has come for me to share.... Drum roll, please!



I have been called as the new Second Counselor in the Primary for our ward.


I know what you are thinking. Didn't I just get married? Don't I not have any children? Aren't I pretty inexperienced in this arena, after spending the past five and a half years in singles or student wards? All of these assumptions are correct.

After receiving and accepting this calling, I had a mini inner panic attack and realized I have no idea what I am doing. It has been a pretty humbling experience, and I am slowly learning that Heavenly Father puts us into certain places and positions for a reason, even if we (selfishly and naively) question whether or not He has put us in the right place.

Because I am freaking out a little bit, I would love any advice/help/ideas on how to do the best job that I can at assisting the President and making plans for the program this Fall. If you want to learn more about callings in the LDS Church and why we receive them, please ask!

Anywho, I have lots to post on our lives lately, so when I have time to breathe I will fill you all in. Until then, much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment