Thursday, May 31, 2012

Nursery

Sorry about the mass posting the last couple of days... With Memorial Day and exhaustion from some nighttime pregnancy woes, my daily schedule this week has been a little, shall we say, relaxed? :)

Also, I am trying to catch up on the past, oh, three-ish months... From my trip home to our time in the Bahamas with our friends, there is a lot to update about!

For now, I wanted to take a break and maybe get some ideas/help on baby's room. There is a site that I LOVE called Lay Baby Lay where she makes nursery inspiration boards of all kinds. I decided to try my hand at one of my own, though it doesn't closely compare to any that she has designed and thought up.

I think we are going to go for an outdoors/adventure/camping themed room that is a little more masculine and not super "cutesy" (just not my thing). I would also love to pay homage to Yellowstone in some way, since it was where we went on our honeymoon!

My question is, what are the most important things to include in a nursery? I know the crib, dresser, etc. but are there other necessities? Bookshelves? Storage tricks? Things you couldn't live without? Any help is greatly appreciated :)


Just some ideas to get the brain juices flowing! I foresee adding more baby-ish items, and I am sure Jord's Chris Sharma poster might make an appearance somewhere in there :) I am really getting excited about this whole baby boy thing!

4 comments:

  1. Cute board! In Clara's nursery we have a dresser, crib, rocking chair (a MUST for us), a bookshelf (which I also love for storing toys in bins, and a space heater), a small dresser for blankets and such (we also put a humidifier on it when needed), a trash can, a hamper, and then another plastic clear bin dresser in her closet for diapers and wipes (so you don't have to keep the giant boxes). Also, I love having a changing pad on her dresser. Sorry for taking over your comment box. It's what I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cuteness! I love it. I obviously have no ideas yet so I'll stalk your comments to see what you learn :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it so far! I'm not in to cutesy with my boys either so here is a helpful hint - when your baby gets a little older NEVER take him with you through the clothing department of Walmart. WAY too much cutesy going on in there and he will love it and will want it. (Don't get me wrong Walmart has some great clothing items for kids and I have bought a lot there over the past few years - I just steer clear of cutesy). Sometimes I feel like a mean mom since my kids never get to own shirts or shoes with Lightening McQueen or Buzz Lightyear on them but I usually get over that feeling real fast! Oh and I second Katherine's comment - a rocking chair is a must!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, everyone!

    Kat-I never thought about the storage thing in the closet for diapers and such... that is gold! I also somehow overlooked a hamper?? Hahaha So, thank you!!

    Nancy-Stalk away, my friend :)

    Amy-Thanks for the advice! I will stear clear of all the "cute" once he starts understanding what it is :) And it seems like I need to hunt down a rocker!

    ReplyDelete