Friday, October 25, 2013

Grandparents

Some of my most special childhood memories are times spent with my grandparents. Weekends with Grandma and Grandpa Gary were passed with wheelbarrow races across the backyard and trips to Smitty's (where I would, inevitably, freeze in the air conditioning, and my grandma would find a beach towel and wrap it around me until we were ready to leave).

 J and I would play Nintendo until our eyes bogged out of our heads (or, really, I would fight to get a game in here and there when his friends were hogging it). We also took lots of Radio Flyer walks around the block.

The thing I remember most about Grandma and Grandpa Mabry's house are haircuts in the barber's chair on the back porch, chihuahua dogs, and my Grandma Isabel's laugh. They always had ice cold Pepsi in their fridge, and we would spend hours banging on the piano keys (which were never in tune) and collecting walnuts in the backyard.

Now, I am so grateful that Jonah has such wonderful grandparents to make memories with. There is just nothing like a grandma or grandpa in the eyes of a grandchild. They can do no wrong! We are thankful that Buddy gets to see two of his frequently, and we can't wait until his sweet Grandma and Grandpa Rose are back here with us to get lots of play time, too!




 Right after Jonah was born and right before Grandma and Grandpa Rose left on a mission to Johannesburg, South Africa!


No comments:

Post a Comment