Thursday, October 10, 2013

Jonah turns ONE!

We're almost a month late on this post, but let's be honest here. I think it's no secret that I am a slobby blogger. A slogger.

At this rate, we are lucky if I get one a month in. Sigh... 

Anywho, our little guy turned one on September 20th, and it was nuts! I still can't believe he is a year old. This has been both the longest and shortest year of my life, and I can still remember that day when he was born at Women's East in Chattanooga so vividly. Honestly, it's hard to look back on that day and this whole year of crazy ups and downs and not feel like an Amazon warrior queen(if that existed, which I'm pretty sure it does not) who can do anything. Motherhood is insane and hard, but so rewarding and sweet and wonderful.

Jonah is the best; he is so hilarious, weird, stubborn, precious, and wild. We love his curly mullet hair and his jack-o-lantern smile. He still is not walking, yet, but we are getting closer every day! He says mama and dada (and I swear he says "yeah" all the time, but maybe it's just wishful thinking), but he is still a little slow on the talking front, no matter how hard I try.

At his one year check up, Jonah weighed exactly 20 pounds (28th percentile), which I thought was kind of funny because he was exactly 9 pounds when he was born. He was 30 1/4 inches tall (65th percentile) and his head circumference was 18 (38th percentile).

For his actual birthday, Grandma Mabry, Great Grandma and Great Grandpa Gary, and (great) Aunt Robin came over for lunch. He got some fabulous toys to play with and got a Wendy's Frosty. We will post more pictures of the day and his birthday party soon!

 

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Jonah! Alyssa, I'm so glad I looked at your blog again! I'm glad you updated it finally! haha! I didn't realize how close Jonah and my son Cameron are in age, he will be one Nov. 11th. You are a great mom and I miss you!

    ReplyDelete