Thursday, October 27, 2011

Feeling Festive


So, usually, I hate when people bring Christmas into the equation way too early. For instance, decorations being put out in stores toward the end of September. And listening to any sort of holiday song before the day after Thanksgiving? Forget about it! How are we really supposed to enjoy the season when it lasts for three months?

However, She and Him came out with the most bombtastic Christmas album, and since I am a sucker for those two and have no patience, I have been cranking that bad boy like it's December 23rd!

I recommend "A Very She and Him Christmas" wholeheartedly; instead of adding a bunch of extra stuff in there and making the tunes completely unrecognizable, they kept the majority of them very simple, with just the sound of a guitar and Zooey Deschanel's totally awesome, retro-y voice.




Sidenote: I feel like she and I could really get along... Like, sometimes, I have this fantasy where we are college roommates/best friends and she picks out all of my outfits and we talk about how adorable Joseph Gordon-Levitt is.

Moving on...

I need a new arsenal of holiday jams for when the season finally rolls around, so I would love to hear some of your favorites, friends! List away :-)


2 comments:

  1. oldie but it's what I grew up with--Carpenter's Christmas. For me, Christmas isn't real without it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Carpenters! I forgot about that album; I better get on downloading it ;)

    ReplyDelete